Terms of Service
Human readable summary: You should read this whole document, because it is a contract and you are bound by the whole contract. However, we like having plain language which summarizes some of the important terms:
- You pay us yearly for Bold Shows. We give you the first 7 days for free.
- We get to terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason. (Basically, if some bad apple is in danger of spoiling everyone’s use of the service, we need the legal cover to shoot first and ask questions to their lawyers later.)
- We’ll happily refund any payment you make within 14 days of you making it, and you can cancel your use of the service at any time. These are your only guarantees that the service will be to your liking. If something goes wrong, we’ll refund your money but we won’t pay you anything you haven’t paid us.
Description of Service
Bold Shows is a service to keep track of TV shows as episodes air. We provide mechanisms to follow shows and mark episodes as watched. In addition we provide detailed information about shows and episodes.
We will never sell or provide your personal data another party without your explicit consent.
"Personal Information" refers to information that may be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity, either alone or when combined with other personal identifying information.
You may not use the service if you are under 18 years of age.
Description of Agreement
In return for your use of the service, you agree to pay Developer a yearly fee, in advance, for your use of the service. The yearly fee is disclosed prominently on the the interface of the website. Developer hereby agrees to waive the yearly service fee for the first 7 days of your use of the service. If you do not cancel your account within 7 days of creating it, Developer will charge your credit card for the next year's service fee on the anniversary date of your account creation. You will be charged thereafter on a yearly basis.
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights in Bold Shows, the website, and related documentation are owned and/or licensed by the Developer. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive right to make use of the service, and (if appropriate) to interoperate with the service through such mechanisms as we may provide for you to do so, in consideration of your payment of the yearly service fee. Your license to use the service does not entitle you to ownership of the underlying intellectual property.
Show data is provided by TVmaze and licensed by CC BY-SA.
You are forbidden from:
- Using the service in a manner contrary to the law.
- Using the service in any manner which disrupts Developer’s operations or any other users’ use of the service.
- Importing, entering, or storing contact details in the service for any person from whom you do not have explicit consent to record contact details.
Taking any forbidden action with the service immediately terminates your license to use the service.
Termination Of Service
Developer may terminate your use of the service at any time, for any reason. Developer may deny anyone use of the service at any time, for any reason. You may cancel your use of the service at any time, either through the service itself or by sending an email to email@example.com. Regardless of which party terminates the use of the service, unused time immediately expires, and is not eligible for a refund except as described below.
The Developer offers full refunds on request for up to 14 days past the transaction date. Refunds after that period will be at the sole discretion of the Developer.
Limitation Of Liability
THE SERVICE IS SOLD “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”. THE DEVELOPER MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS OR IS SUITABLE FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE DEVELOPER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES ARRISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE CUSTOMER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THEIR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF THEIR JURISDICTION.
Developer makes commercially reasonable attempts to protect the privacy of data you enter into the service. This includes encryption of data in between you and the service, commercially reasonable efforts to secure the machines the service operates on, and legal and technical means to restrict access to data to only persons authorized by you or the Developer. Developer does not warrant that these measures will necessarily satisfy any particular legal requirement in your jurisdiction. Developer will not expose data which you enter to other parties with the following exceptions:
- Developer will, in the ordinary course of service, transmit data regarding emails to Mailgun, a service which Developer has contracted with to provide outgoing email capabilities to You.
- Developer will obey lawful instructions to disclose information issued by any competent jurisdiction.
- Developer will obey lawful instructions to disclose information, about any party which you record information about, to their own persons, their legal representatives, or their guardians, on proof to Developer’s satisfaction about their identity. Developer will likewise correct or remove information on file about them at their request.
Service Level Agreement
The Developer does not warrant that your access to the service will be uninterrupted.
The Developer will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. Your use of Bold Shows does not entitle you to support in real time or support via any particular communications channel, including over the telephone, except at the Developer’s sole discretion.
The Developer may offer you the opportunity to purchase a separate Service Level Agreement, for an additional fee, as a separate contract.
Last Modified January 5, 2018